Monday, December 7, 2015

R15 8 Arrive SUX

Correction: in my last blog entry, I wrote that I bent down to bust a dance move and that is why my phone fell out of my pocket. Steven called this morning to correct me. Apparently, it fell not due to a dance move, but rather because I had removed my pants to show off my tattoo. I stand corrected.

Moving forward...

Like I said, we arrived in SUX way, way earlier than I anticipated. And I had crunched 5 hours of drinking time into about 3.5 hours of driving time. Needless to say, I was what we could call a "hot mess" upon arrival.
Could that sign be any cuter? 
Despite my drunken-slovenliness, I did notice that we were staying at a very, very nice home in a leafy and gorgeous section of Sioux City. We were staying at the home of my friend Martha's god mother? Aunt? At this point it is hard to say. Martha's family has been very generous with the western Iowa home stays over the years! Thanks Early and Early related people!
Cutest...
There were lots of places to sleep, tons of food and snacks, a gorgeous bathroom, and fabulous air conditioning, but I needed a bit of a nappy. I took up residence on the green grass of the front yard and had a bit of a booze-snooze. I might have also had a bit of a booze snooze on the sofa.
Ultimate skin belt!
The rest of the team was not having it. They wanted to go to the Expo. I was not going to be able to make it to the Expo. I wasn't sure I could make it to the bathroom, so I happily and drunkenly bid them goodbye and spent the afternoon in a state of recline with my companions Steven by my side.
Enjoying some horizontal time
And, because of this, I don't really know what happened at the Expo. Thankfully, some beavers have offered to fill me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment