Sunday, December 6, 2015

R15 7 Roll Out, Roll Deep, Slow Your Roll


July 18: Roll Out

I am going to blame what happened next on Pochy. And I can do that because this is my blog.
Pochy gets down to business.
Now, I would say 2015 was the year of the eager, or re-eager-ized, Beaver. This was Pochy's first full ragby, and she had a lot of ambitions.

For 1, she wanted to prove herself to the beavers (no one told her that we are pretty easy to impress.)
Self Master!
For 2, I believe she wanted to leave her own indelible mark on both ragby and Team Beaver.
Pochy and her mentor, Too Much
For 3, she was bound and determined to document every single waking moment on SnapChat.*
She'll do anything to win!
*Okay, that was my fault. I thought it would be fun to share the fun of ragby with my friend, and non-ragby rider, Captain Pete. So, I made it a contest.

Tip: if you want to get Pochy to do anything, make it a contest. I am considering a get-me-a-sandwich contest this winter break. Start training.
Linda, uh, listen...
The person who could send the best/most SnapChats documenting Ragby and Team Beaver would win, something.
Not sure what she's explaining. 
And so, with coolers full of beer, and Pochy's champagne, we set forth towards Sioux City.

The other factor I had not considered was the Dale. The Dale was thirsty. He was eager to get to Sioux City so he could enjoy all the liquid fun of the day. He drove that RV like a beaver out of hell. Frankly, I didn't know RVs could go so fast, but I guess when the beavers are covering the gas, you can get those wheels spinning.
Beaver 2!
I had estimated that it would take about four hours to drive to Sioux City, and I thought I had about four hours to get tipsy and then chill before our arrival in SUX.
Burning down the interstate!
That is not what happened. A combined effect of Pochy's champagne, an Ark full of hilarious beavers, and the hyperspeed that which we were traveling down the interstate made me get super-do-duper wasted, as you can see from the images displayed here.
Oh Lord.

Also, I will remind everyone that this is where I broke my phone, again. I had just gotten the replacement phone for the phone I broke over the 4th of July. I was squating down to do a dance move was it? My ass was no more than 18 inches from the relatively soft laminate floor of the RV when my phone leaped from my pocket, spiderwebbing the screen.

For a minute I was concerned that I would have no phone for the ragby, but it came back to life, and I am happy to report as worked semi-fine up until this very day. #Boom.
Sad moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment