Thursday, December 3, 2015

R15 4 Hot Too Much in the #CITyS

One of my favorite traditions of pre-ragby is the pre-ragby sleep over. I missed the sleep over from ragby 2014, the ragby in which Too Much and the White Tiger tagged everything they could get their paws on, including, it is rumored, Holiday. I was boozing and snoozing in Rock Valley after the #rideout.

Due to a change of life circumstances, though, my new accommodations in the Cabin in the Sky did not offer such charming features such as central air conditioning or a shower one could stand up in. I did warn Too Much about this when he asked if he could crash with me before the roll out. "Too Much," I said, "it's 200 degrees up there, are you sure?" 

He said yes, and I will admit I was delighted. Too Much is just too much fun and I can't imagine anyone more fun than he to have a steamy, preragby sleep over. 

Even better, he brought me a bunch of Surly! Word had not reached Too Much that Surly is now available in DSM, so he brought me some Pentagram, Coffee Bender, and Furious. We had a celebratory Pentagram and then adjourned to the Library Cafe where we could eat hamburgers and drink beer. 

I invited the Tiger to come along. He and Too Much are like kits from another mit. A good time was had by all. 

Eventually, Too Much and I returned to the #cits, and even though I had run the window unit all day, it was still 10,000 degrees up there. We positions fans as best as we could for maximum air flow and took our last snooze before ragby. 

In hindsight, that was probably the hottest, most uncomfortable night of ragby 2015, but who cares? The best week of the year was about to begin! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment