Wednesday, December 23, 2015

R15 24 Throwing Shade

Still in Washta...
The Deb was in Washta, and she was looking for us! Of course, none of the streets have street signs, because when you living Klinkerta, you know all the streets, so we spent a goodly amount of time trying to echo locate the Deb. 

Finding her in the middle of the street, we tried to round up the rest of the beavers and head over to the Jeep, where pre-bought refreshments awaited. 
Too Much finds too little shade under this trailer.
I'll admit, I was getting a bit on the grumpy side. The constant trying to wrangle beavers and waiting around all the time was killing my dick-stopping buzz. And, of course, there was no shade to be had near the Jeep, but we grabbed some beers and some snacks and did the best we could. 

Steven secures a slice of shade.
We crossed the street and found some nice grass and some shade to relax in. While we were there, the Deb told us stories of finding the den for the night and filled us in on how the Dale was doing. Poor Dale! 

Still a bit grumpy, I was having a hard time staying enthusiastic. Don't get me wrong, I adore the Deb, and ragby wouldn't be ragby without her, but sometimes I feel like she expects a certain type of emotional response that I can't always muster. She was so excited about where we were staying, but I couldn't help but think she'd arrive there in an air conditioned Jeep. And I still had 10,000 hot, stinking miles to go.

If there's ever a reason to train for the ragby, it's so that when you are called upon to be happy, you can be happy. When I am tired and out of shape, I can manage to ride my bike, I can manage to drink my beer, but I cannot always manage to slap on a smile. If that's not fitspiration, I don't know what is...

We'd been in Washta for about 6.5 hours at this point and it was time to ride bikes. We still had a long, long way to go. So, we said good bye to the Deb, mounted up, and headed towards Quimby.

No comments:

Post a Comment