Friday, December 25, 2015

R15 26 Christmas in July

Present Day Announcement: Merry Christmas Little Beavers! I hope you are enjoying the gift of all this blogging! 
Somewhere, out there
Obviously, the Backpocket brewery stop was absolutely essential. It had been a long, hot, and hilly day, and we deserved a treat, so we all stopped, grouped up, started drinking. Little did we know how long we'd be in that stop. 
The beavers in their natural habitat
I will admit, the details of what happened and the course of the events are a little cloudy, but here are the highlights. 
That's why God gave you 2 paws
There was an amazing man-kybo, that was huge, like the size of a garden shed. And it was lined with a trough. I was annoyed that it was man-only, but I appreciated the innovation. 
That's a talent!
There was a dude in the most amazing white bibs, just running around with no jersey on. If there is anything more ridiculous and spectacular than a dude in bibs with no jersey, it is a dude in white bibs with no shirt on. I had to make friends, 
Yes, scavenger hunt...
While we were drinking, I didn't realize this, but Pochs was having a bit of a melt down. You've read her account of this, so I won't be labor the point, but I think it serves as a reminder to us all: don't try to "budget" on ragby. I've said it before, and I will say it again, just let go and let ragbrai. Eat when you need to eat, drink when you want to drink and also when you don't want to drink, and just let the money float away from you. You need calories more than cash. 
Pochs, mid melt down
And, the best part, we ran into our sister team, Team Awesomeness, complete with an appearance from Hot Adam, my first connection to TA, from back in the BCO days. I got to chatting with Hot Adam, and I asked him how he was doing in Philly, about his lady friend the med student and I was delighted to learn, lady friend no more...meow. 

We invited them to come and hangout with us and when they did we had the invention of the "one more, one more" beer. The one more, one more beer is after you have already had "one more" before hitting the road, and then you decide, wisely, that you need "one more one more." It was so delicious. 
Just one more one more!
There was a bit of anxiety about the onemoreonemore, but it was such a perfect afternoon, great grass, dudes in white bibs, tasty beer, and six more glorious days ahead of us. How could life get better for this little beaver?  
LLL in repose
I think that Pochy and LLL had already skedaddled at this point, but we were drinking beer, and enjoying the company of the charming and very, very attractive dudes TA. One of our favorites is the leader of TA, Ryan. Goldie used to babysit him, back in the Runnells days, and he always hooks us up with at-cost TA kits. Thanks Ryan! 

At some point, Ryan offered me a TA tattoo. Why, of course, I want a TA tattoo. 

He asked where I wanted it, and, well, you can just imagine what happened after that....

Until I tell you about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, my mother is not impressed with my talent. Thank you for posting this picture! It's a fond memory of my Beaver Snoozes at Backpocket stops. #masingadit

    ReplyDelete