Monday, November 12, 2012

Cab-la-Goob-La Gobbler Deux!

Do you know what was the best/worst fitness/drinking event I did last year?

Me neither.

But in the top 11.6 of best/worst ideas in fitness/drinking had to have been the Cable Guy Challenge.

A Bit of Background
Last year, in a stunning shift in paradigm, I challenged not Steven, but the Mayor to a long-term weight loss/fitness challenge.  We had to ride bikes, lose weight, and do weekly challenges.  One week, Steven stepped in for the Mayor and challenged me to a Cable Guy themed event.

The challenge was to ride the trainer for an hour, drinking as many cold ones as possible, while watching the Cable Guy and doing a Cable Guy-themed drinking game.

Needless to say, it was a sh!t show from start to finish.  I didn't actually read the challenge, so I over rode.  And, Steven drank Heines which was hilarious.  I drank Coors Light--lame!  Then, after all that, drinking and riding, I was wasted.  So wasted that when I went to the BX90 the next morning, and they tried to make me do 500 million weighted lunges, it broke me.

So Why are We Discussing This Again?
Well, it was one of the best/worst ideas we've had in the world of wacky, misguided fitness blogging.  And, I personally, had a lot of fun doing it.

And, I think we should do it again....

Umm, No
No, really, hear me out.

Instead of riding the trainer (which is a hard activity to love), and instead of having '"rules" and "winners" and what-not, instead, we will just do whatever we want, like the Awesomeness Challenge, only with Jim Carey.

Here's How it Could Work 
What: Do something that involves something physical (walking, cycling, skipping, basketball, yoga) for 127 minutes (length of the Cable Guy).  Add (in whatever way you want) Heineken.  Add in watching The Cable Guy.
Who: Everyone!  Everyone is invited.  Just let me know, somehow, if you are in.

Where: Where ever you want.

How: You decided.  See "what."  You also decide how to document said entry.

Why: Because it is awesome, and during the doll-drums of the year, we all need to be reminded of how fitness can and should be fun (and misguided).

When: Sometime between November 18 and November 30.  Hence the "Gobbler."

How do we win?  Who is the judge?  What do we get?
Winning is based on the totally subjective deciding of me and Steven*.  If we decide that you are the winner, you can name your prize!  (And, we will decide if we give it to you).

*I have not discussed this with Steven, so if she is too busy being awesome in other parts of her life, then judging will solely be done by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment